There goes ANY chance of starting my D!ET today!
2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter, cubed
1 cup sour cream
1 egg yolk
1 cup dried cranberries (I leave them just the way the are out of the bag!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add the cubed butter until a coarse meal forms. Pulse in the sour cream and egg yolk until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead in Cranberries. Lightly roll out the dough into a 1 inch or so thick round shape. With a large knife cut the dough like a pizza (or however you like!)
- Gently transfer the scones to the baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 14 – 16 minutes until the bottoms of the scones are light brown.
- Remove from oven, then transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely but not too much, or else the butter won’t melt!